13 Pavements

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

10 things




Thing 1:  Today I had 8 whole hours to myself in which I did not work, see my spouse, or my child.  That hasn't happened in probably 7 months.  It was weird.  And awesome.

Thing 2:  A lot of people seem to hate March.  It's too much of a tease.  But I don't.  It's kind of like April apologizing for February, promising that good things are on the way.

Thing 3:  Speaking of February.  It was good.  And hard.  Liv and I were up to all kinds of shenanigans in Utah and Texas.  She started having some strange symptoms and pain while we were in Texas, which ended up with us in and out of Seattle Children's for a week trying to figure out what is going on.  Her doctors initially suspected a tumor (tests showed nothing).  They now believe her symptoms are related to her chromosome disorder.  More tests will be run and more therapy will be required.  I wish I knew more.

Thing 4:  While in Seattle, I somehow lost Ellie, Liv's ultimate most important, favorite, beloved stuffed dog.  I knew I lost it.  She knew I lost it.  She cried.  I cried, buckets and buckets.  It was a major low point as a mother.

Thing 5:  I'm aching for sunshine. 

Thing 6:  I've gone from working out in the early evening to working out at 5 am.  Proooobably the best move I've made in a long time.  Who'da thought?

Things 7:  Thanks to almost 3 weeks of pure insanity in February, I have a lot of catching up to do(including here, I'll get to it. I swear).


Things 8:  The Husband was particularly adorable tonight. 

Thing 9:  Seriously, where has Nutella been all my life?

Thing 10:  .....Um.  I guess I only had 9 things.

No comments:

Post a Comment