13 Pavements

Friday, December 30, 2011

12/22/11

It's difficult to put into words what this experience was for me.  I have thought about what I have wanted to say about this for several days and I'm finding it difficult to find the right balance of what I want to say and what needs to be said.  While it was amazing and nothing short of miraculous to witness, it somehow created emotions I didn't anticipate would be part of this process.  They are words and experiences for another time, something I look forward to sharing soon.  But not today.

I wanted to share the pictures.  They tell the story of this happy and emotional day far better than I will be able to express.  It was something I won't forget, that will be burned into my memory along with every other big and significant day in my life so far.  I've said it before, but our gratitude does not seem adequate for those who are continually helping us through this process.  I am so glad that we have added Todd (Liv's ocularist) to her team of amazing people who are helping us fight this battle.
Liv examining the new eye (just before declaring it an m&m).
Checking the fit.
.
Tools.

Paints.
Liv's custom eye color: Cobalt Blue and Yellow Ochre. Brilliant
Finished.  Happy girl.




3 comments:

  1. amazing. she is such a special spirit! and you are so strong. she is lucky to have such an incredible family :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! It looks incredible. My fingers are typing so happily right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's beautiful! So happy for you all. What an amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete