13 Pavements

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Richfield: A Love Letter

I once heard that home is where your history begins, home is where they catch you when you fall. 

My history began in Richfield.  It's where I'm rooted, where my dreams were born.  Even though I haven't lived there in over 10 years I still call it home. 

There is a lot of negative that can be said about small towns, obvious things and ideas that aren't worth mentioning.  There are a lot of assumptions to be made about the kind of people there, the things they do, they things they say...  But the thing is, if you haven't lived in a small town, you really don't know anything about it.

There is a loyalty that comes with belonging to a small community and the way they band together during difficult times is completely amazing.  This is not the first time that a big tragedy has hit my family.  But you know, each time something has happened my little hometown has rallied for me, for us, for my mom, and my sisters.  In some of the darkest moments of my life, this little town has saved me.  This time is no different.  There is nothing like the fierceness of a small town banding together to help one of their own.  It's hundreds of miracles coming together.  My hometown, my home, has caught me and my family every time we have fallen.  I am proud of my small town roots, proud of what they have made me, and what they have done for me. It is so humbling, and for that I am grateful.





2 comments:

  1. You could not have said it any better and I completely agree. I will forever be grateful for this place that we call home.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember not wanting to ever return to our home town, and now I am happy to be here forever.

    ReplyDelete